Today callas pdfToolbox is the easiest yet most powerful PDF preflight and correction application
on the market. Problem files can be fixed during preflight or with a click of the button in the Switchboard. Flattening transparency, converting fonts to outlines, inserting trim and bleed boxes to match printer marks, converting office documents or even PostScript files directly into PDF, comparing versions of PDF files, visualizing ink coverage… no task is too difficult for callas pdfToolbox
callas pdfToolbox Desktop can:
Check and correct according to industry standards, including PDF/X-1, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4, PDF/X-5, PDF/A and PDF/VT
Convert native documents into print-ready PDFs:
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Visio and Project
- Pages (Mac OS X only)
- PostScript and EPS
- PNG, JPG and TIFF images
- Perfectly convert color with smooth color, pure black text and enhanced gray balance for consistent print output
- Fix PDF's that have correct printer marks but without a correct trim or bleed box set
- Visually compare PDF's to accurately see what changes have been done or make sure no unintended changes were introduced
- Execute a single fix or a profile full of fixes on a complete folder of files using the batch processing feature
For prepress professionals, there's an updated PDF engine which supports:
- the latest ISO standards
- advanced color management
- imposition of everything from business cards to full N-up impositions
- splitting or joining of PDF content
- controls to resize and reposition PDF content
- the ability to embed, subset, replace and convert fonts to outlines
- 64-bit systems
You will find all the answers to frequently asked question concerning our products at our callas software FAQ page.
Support through our partners
Typically the quickest and most efficient way to obtain answers to technical questions is by contacting one of our partners - please contact the partner from whom you purchased the software: List of callas software resellers...
callas Software user mailing list
Do you have general questions on callas software products? Do you need to solve specific problems? What do other users think about callas' products? The callas software user forum offers the ideal platform for these questions and is taken care of by the callas software team. Registration here...
Support and Maintenance Agreement
When purchasing callas software server or CLI products you can also purchase a “Support and Maintenance Agreement” which not only includes free of charge access to all minor and major updates throughout the agreement, but also premium support through our dedicated Support Team. Read more...
Contact us directly
You can contact callas Software directly by filling out this form. Each inquiry will be handled by our inquiry tracking systems, and we will do our best to process your inquiry with 48 hours during business days.
Here you will find a short list of website-links, bulletin boards, forums or mailing lists, which we highly recommend you to check out. Go to Recommended Resources.
General KnowledgeSystem Requirements
Important information everyone should know regarding prepress, colormanagement, PDF/X standards or PDF/A can be found here… Check out General Knowledge.
You have the choice to use callas pdfToolbox inside in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, XI Pro, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Adobe Acrobat 9 (Pro or Pro Extended) or as a standalone (without requiring Adobe Acrobat to be installed).
• Mac: Requires Mac OS X, version 10.7 or newer, Intel.
• Windows: Requires Windows Server 2008 / 2012, 7 / 8 / 10.